Director of Business Development
Come join us and be the catalyst for significant growth for Level Legal, a high-growth, results-driven organization that has been a significant player in the eDiscovery and legal services industry and is now expanding our footprint to serve a more diverse number of clients.
As Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for attaining assigned revenue and account development objectives by driving sales initiatives with corporations and law firms. The Director of Business Development will focus on developing relationships with clients to win projects involving legal services.
We seek to grow revenue and profitability 3X in five years and are searching for a passionate, energetic, ambitious, and driven hunter with elite sales experience and skills in eDiscovery and legal services. This person must be entrepreneurial in nature, subscribe to and promote value selling sales principles and methodologies, be highly structured and process-driven, comfortable in an emerging environment, and focused on new business development.
To succeed the Director of Business Development will:
- Generate new client leads through prospecting and marketing efforts
- Call on corporate counsel, C-level executives, and law firms to sell legal services
- Consistently qualify, generate, and execute on opportunities in coordination with Sales Management
- Complete all aspects of the sales cycle (prospecting through closed won)
- Represent our company at industry trade shows and events
- Contribute to the growth of existing client business
- Meet set revenue targets
- Record activity in Salesforce
- Work closely with Solutions Engineers, Project Managers, and Client Services to deliver complete solution for the client
- Uncover needs, pain points, and budgets and solve comprehensively
- Build rapport and trust across the organization
- Love to compete
- Be resilient and able to persist in a fast-paced environment
- Be an effective listener and ask compelling questions
- Be confident interacting on the executive level
- Create champions and advocates within targeted organizations
- Improve the existing sales process and introduce new sales concepts and processes
- Travel regularly to meet any managerial needs and provide support
- Communicate regularly with management in sales, marketing, and other leadership to ensure seamless support
In addition to domain expertise, you have expert knowledge in the following areas:
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Personalized Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing personalized customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Negotiation – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Instructing – Teaching others how to do something.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Work Ethic – Industrious and diligent in everything you do.
- Innovation – Willing to initiate changes and introduce new ideas.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university (JD is plus!)
- 3-5 years successful eDiscovery/litigation support sales experience a must
- Mastery of the EDRM Model
- Proven record of accomplishment in hunting new business and supporting an existing client base
- Ability to achieve and exceed targets while working under pressure
- Proven sales track record of new business generation in a services business
- Success in selling project engagements of $150K+
- Success in a hunter/acquisition sales role, driving new business in a high-touch services environment